Custom Shirts in fabrics that look and feel good for summer!
With the summer heat and humidity, your business attire needs to be cool and comfortable. Harry’s Haberdashery will hand-tailor your shirt using a selection of fine fabrics, like linen, cotton, rayon and silk, allowing the material to breathe. These fabrics are warm-weather staples that have a laid-back airy vibe, appropriate for business or casual attire.
While there is very much a practical reason to switch up to lighter and more breathable fabrics during the warmer months, summer fabrics have their own distinctive personality that suits the carefree nature of enjoying the sun. Summer dressing is all about ease, comfort and simplicity.
Linen is the coolest fabric for shirts.
Warmer temperatures call for open weave shirt fabrics – those lightweight, airy fabrics that allow your skin to breathe and body heat escape. One of our favorites is linen, the most quintessentially summer fabric. Linen, even of the heavier variety, stays cool in heat. That’s thanks to its characteristic open weave and natural fibers that make up the fabric. Its texture gradually softens with every wash, making it extremely comfortable on the skin. Linen is so gauzy and open that it allows you to feel every gentle breeze passing through. Linen is prone to wrinkling, but it is part of the charm of the fabric.
In addition to pure linen, there are all of its variations. Linen-cotton blends, for example, will give you some of the benefits of linen but look less wrinkled. There is also a pure cotton fabric that’s woven to feel and look just like linen. Harry the Tailor can make your shirt from any of these fabrics.
As with any of Harry’s custom shirts and suits, the quality is exemplary.
Harry the Tailor’s custom shirts and suits are made to your individual requirements and size by a skilled and experienced custom tailor. They are created from the best fabrics in an assortment of great styles. Features of all shirts made by Harry are:
- Buttonholes are all cut by hand
- Over 25 collar styles to choose from
- French or single cuff with a choice between 17 different styles
- 22 to 24 stitches per inch in sewing construction
- Seams finished using specialized French Binding
- Four piece collars
- Hand sewn, mother of pearl buttons
- 156 stitches per button hole
- Fabric patterns on the shirt are matched across the front and very importantly from the split yoke to the sleeve
- Matching sleeve pleats and fabric which is cut on the grain to prevent twisting
Also available, if desired at no extra charge:
- Can be monogrammed with your initials
- Hidden buttons
- Contrasting cuffs and collars
- Permanent or removable stays
- Pockets – one, two or more
- Long tails
Get your custom shirt from Harry the Tailor in Ft. Lauderdale.
Call 954-563-3811 today to see how Harry can make you look better and more professional with your custom-made shirt. You can visit Harry’s Haberdashery at The Roselli Building, 3471 North Federal Hwy #100, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.