Tailor in Ft. Lauderdale makes quality custom shirts to fit your body.
Custom-made men’s dress shirts were once considered an advantage of the privileged few — a dash of sartorial swagger that could be afforded only by Hollywood A-listers, Wall Street bankers and monocle-wearing aristocrats of a bygone era.
But today, thanks to advances in technology, a competitive market and consumer demand, custom clothing has moved within the barrel-cuffed arm’s reach of the common man.
A proper dress shirt is a button-up shirt with a collar, long sleeves, and wrist cuffs. It is usually made from a cotton fabric woven and dyed into various, non-obtrusive patterns and colors. By altering these characteristics, a dress shirt can send the message that its wearer is either ready for sport or to meet the company president.
Most men wear dress shirts that do not fit them properly. The problem is that ready-made garments are made to fit many; as a result, they fit no one perfectly. We all compromise somewhere–if a shirt fits us in the neck, it fails us in the sleeve length; if it fits well in the sleeves, it billows out around the stomach. So the fit described here is generally only achievable on a custom made shirt.
A well fitted dress shirt should first and foremost be comfortable; this is different for every man. Larger men are usually complimented by a looser fit while petite and thin men are complimented by a more form-fitting cut. In general, though, a shirt should:
- Allow two fingers in the collar when buttoned.
- Be tight enough around the wrist so that the cuffs must be unbuttoned to slip them off.
- Have long enough sleeves so that you can raise your arms like wings and not pull the cuffs down the forearm; they should be short enough so that you don’t have more than 1 inch of fabric bunching near the cuff when your arms hang.
- Shoulder points that extend to the end of the shoulder and no farther.
- Have room in the chest and waist to pinch out 1-3 inches of fabric (depending on fit desired).
Visit Harry the Tailor in Ft. Lauderdale for your custom clothing.
Crafted using your exact measurements, custom clothing is the perfect expression of who you are – or who you intend to be.
It’s about getting what you want. The right fit. The right fabric.The right details.The right style. Our personal clothiers help you choose from different suit and shirt fabrics. Once you wear custom clothing, you understand. Clothing made for you fits better and lasts longer than mass-produced garments ever could.
If desired, Harry also will include the following options for your custom shirt, at no extra charge:
- Monogrammed with your initials
- Hidden buttons
- Contrasting cuffs and collars
- Permanent or removable stays
- Pockets – one, two or more
- Long tails
Get your custom shirt from Harry the Tailor in Ft. Lauderdale.
Call 954-563-3811today to see how Harry can make you look better and more professional with your custom-made shirt. You can visit Harry’s Haberdashery at The Roselli Building, 3471 North Federal Hwy #100, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.